Wednesday 13 May 2015

VIDEO FOR DEAD SARA'S "SOMETHING GOOD"

   If you don't know by now, I am pretty infatuated with an exciting band from LA called Dead Sara. Their latest album, Pleasure To Meet You, has been high on my playlist recently and I am generally in love with their writing style and Emily Armstrong's powerful vocals.
   Despite both the album tracks Suicidal and Mona Lisa preceding Something Good as singles, Something Good is the obvious chart topper off the album. It is beautiful, uplifting and catchy as hell. But then...I've already said this in a previous post. 
    They have now released a video for the track and I have to admit, I'm not totally blown away by it. It basically involves a lot of dancing, train stations and the band running around from place to place. It reaches a high point when the band finally join in with some contemporary dancers and everyone is just letting go and free, but I would have liked to have seen some band performance and more of Emily passionately singing her heart out. Either way, if this song doesn't finally get Dead Sara any [proper] mainstream success, I don't know what will.

             

No comments:

Post a Comment