Saturday 12 December 2015

Killswitch Engage drop video for new song, Strength Of The Mind


  I personally have never been as big on Massachusetts metalcore band Killswitch Engage as most of my friends are, despite having given out stickers and lanyards around the time of Alive or Just Breathing as a young street teamer for Roadrunner Records. I never even listened to that album all the way through, despite liking My Last Serenade and a few other tracks.

  Since that era, original vocalist Jesse (Leach) was replaced with Howard (Jones) only to return again in 2012. I may have lost my way with this band, and it was certainly nothing personal against Howard, but I might start to go through their suff again if the new track is anything to go by.

 Strength Of The Mind is a taster of what is to come from the eagerly awaited next album, due March 2016. It's still a pretty trademark KSE sound, with Adam's (Dutkiewicz) mix of heavy and melodic riffs and the contrast of harsh and beautiful clean vocals. The song is also lyrically very positive and and empowering. Personally, I feel like the song's meaning gets lost amidst the music. It's lyrically quite hardcore and doesn't really fit their melodic metalcore. Nevertheless, I respect the concept and the band still do what they do best.

No comments:

Post a Comment